Welcome to Pearson Pong
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are starting an official ping-pong circuit league. Anyone and everyone (that is a Pearson employee) are welcome to join.
We have scheduled a Doubles Ping Pong Tournament for each quarter of 2015. The winning option for creating teams was to select your own team. The only rule is that you can not select the same teammate you played with in the last tournament. Anyone in Pearson is welcome to join and play. So if you are interested, please find a doubles partner and sign-up, it's.
Here are the rules of the league/tournament:
- Follow the USATT rule set for all games, except for the following rules.
- All games are played to 11, switching ever 2 serves.
- A match is a set of 3 games, with the winner winning 2 games. All 3 games must be played for points.
- Each team will play a match with every other team.
- Points are awarded as followed:
* For any game that is won in a match and opponent ended with less than 6 pts = 3pts
* For any game that is won in a match and opponent ended with 6 pts or more = 2pts
* For any game loss = 0pts
- If any team that does not play all matches by the end of the tournament, all previous matches played will NOT be counted in the tournament ranking.
- Tie Breakers: If 2 teams tie for a rank, the tie breaker is the team that won more points between the teams when playing each other.
- Top 6 teams will be placed in the Ranked Tournament Brackets. These games will be 1 set of 3 games. The team with 2 wins of the 3 games will advance to the next bracket.
All scores are tracked online via pearson.playpass.com